Now here is a super cute craft you can do with your little one that BONUS will have them begging for bathtime!! Not to mention it’s always reassuring to know the products we use with our little ones are 100% all natural and what better way to guarantee that then to make them ourselves!
Skill level required: Medium
Fun Level: Off the charts (the girls giggled the whole time and were so excited to be making something that would normally be bought at the store!)
Age range (2+) I could actually see this being a fun craft to offer at a spa sleepover party with bigger girls too!
- Corn Starch
- Baking Soda
- Citric Acid
- Essential Oil
- Food Coloring
- Two Medium Bowls
- One Small Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Squirt Bottle
- Small Water Proof Toys
- Cookie Sheet
1. Measure out 1 3/4 cups of baking soda into one of the medium sized bowls.
2. Add 1 cup of citric acid to bowl
3. Add 2 cups of corn starch
4. Whisk ingredients together
5. Divide mixture evenly into the 2 bowls.
6. Add a few drops of essential oil to each bowl.
7. Put a few drops of food coloring in the bottom of your squirt bottle and fill with water.
8. Spray the colored water into one of the bowls. Whisk the mix while spraying the water. (if you add to much water or let the water sit for too long it will start to fizz – think back to those ubiquitous middle school volcano science projects.)
9. Add water until the mixture becomes the consistency of moist sand and sticks together easily
10. Take one of the small toys and place it into the mixture and press it firmly into the bowl.
11. Cover the toy with more of the mixture and press it firmly into the bowl.
12. Flip the bath bomb out of the bowl and onto a clean cookie sheet.
13. Repeat steps 9-12 until all of the mixture is gone.
14. Repeat steps 6-13 with remaining powder mixture using a different color if you would like.
15. Allow bath bombs to dry for several hours on a cookie sheet
16. Toss into bath and enjoy!!
No doubt, your kids will love this craft and you’ll love how easy it is to get them to take a bath :)! Enjoy!
Check out one of super cute full sized hooded towels to dry them off after their bath!