With Christmas almost upon us, it is definitely time to start thinking about stocking stuffers. You don’t want to go overboard since your loved ones are still getting actual gifts, but you don’t want to just give candy, either. Luckily, we’ve got some ideas for everyone in your life.
For him (husbands, brothers, sons, nephews, etc.):
- Fan merchandise: A lot of guys love sports or gaming, so try getting them some gear to show it!
- Razor: Are the men in your life still following the motto of No-Shave November? You can help with that.
- Gift card: Everyone has a favorite store or restaurant; let them get something on you.
- Wallet: Since guys refuse to use purses, their wallets tend to get a bit more banged up over time, so why not help them out?
For her (wives, sisters, daughters, nieces, etc.):
- Makeup: It’s easy to throw in some new shades of lipstick, eyeshadow, or blush. I’d stay away from the foundation, though, unless you know what kind she uses.
- Jewelry: A pretty necklace, bracelet, or earrings can really make the holiday special.
- Socks: Maybe she likes them fuzzy or maybe she just likes funky patterns; socks can definitely be a beloved stocking stuffer.
- Lotion: A small tube of lotion is perfect for a lady to keep in her purse. You never know when dry skin will hit.
- Candle: Not everyone cares for candles, but if the women in your life do, then a nice, new scent will certainly be appreciated.
For the kiddos:
- Candy: Look, I know this is far from creative, but we all know kids expect at least one sweet treat in their stockings.
- Collectible: Does your little one collect something? I tried collecting a quarter for each of the fifty states when I was a kid, and getting a couple in my Christmas stocking sure would have helped.
- Themed Toy: You could probably give anything Star Wars or Disney related to a kid and get some excited shrieks. There is a lot out there, so this is an easy one.
- Activity: Throw in a card you’ve written promising them the activity of their choice some day in January. This is an especially good gift when you have kids that fight over what to do a lot; now they each get to pick an activity for a day with hopefully minimal fighting.
- Temporary Tattoos: Kids adore ’em and they easily fit in stockings.
- Silly String: Do kids still love silly string? Well, they should. Give them a bottle to play with outside to keep your house clean. Or as clean as it can be with kids.
I hope you found some of these suggestions helpful. Comment with your own cool stocking stuffer ideas if you have any to add!